Next step in the Upton Neighbourhood Plan.
We are contacting you as the ward or neighbouring ward member in relation to the Upton-by-Chester and District Neighbourhood Development Plan, which has now been submitted to Cheshire West and Chester Council in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
There will now be a six week consultation during which interested parties can make comments on the plan. This publicity period will run from 13 January 2022 to 5pm on Thursday 24 February 2022.
If you would like to see a copy of the proposed neighbourhood plan and supporting documents, please go to the neighbourhood planning page of the Cheshire West and Chester Council website at:
Hard copies of the proposed neighbourhood plan will also be available in the following locations during the consultation period:
Upton Library, Wealstone Lane, Upton, Chester, CH2 1HB
For opening hours please refer to:
or telephone 01244 973700.
Upton Pavilion, Wealstone Lane, Upton, Chester, CH2 1HB
Open 9am-5pm daily.
Any comments should relate to whether the plan meets the basic conditions, or whether it covers an appropriate area or appropriate length of time.
The basic conditions are that the neighbourhood plan:
- has appropriate regard to national policy
- contributes to the achievement of sustainable development
- is in general conformity with the strategic policies in the development plan for the local area
- is compatible with human rights requirements
- is compatible with EU obligations
- Comments can be submitted online, or by completing the response form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting it to Planning Policy, Cheshire West and Chester Council, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE. Comments are encouraged by email (to avoid unnecessary handling of post during the coronavirus pandemic) but postal comments will still be accepted.
Any comments should be received by the Council by 5pm on Thursday 24 February 2022. Comments received after this time may not be considered. All submitted comments will be collated and will be made publicly available after 24 February 2022.
After this publicity stage, the neighbourhood plan will go before an Examiner, who will assess whether the plan meets the basic conditions set out in legislation and will review all comments submitted at the publicity stage.
If you would like to be notified of the Council’s decision on whether to accept the Examiner’s recommendation and future progress with the plan, then please state this in your representation.